Etalage is a ready to use jQuery image zooming plugin to present your images in the highest detail without leaving the page.
Full documentation and examples included.
: Some basic styling applied, all default plugin options.
: Single image, different size, different styling, different magnifier.
: Different styling, different zoom frame size, more visible small thumbnails, high detail images, no autoplay, no zoom icon, no hint.
- Customizable by CSS and plugin options
- Precise positioning of all elements based on your image dimensions and CSS
- The small thumbnails are automatically generated, sized and positioned
- Low resolution preview (enlarged thumbnail) while downloading the zoomed image (except in IE)
- Optional easing of the zoomed image movements
- Optional autoplay
- Optional descriptions/captions
- Unlimited number of images
- Multiple instances per page possible
- Works in all common browsers (and IE6)
- Includes documentation and commented source files
- Includes an "absolute basic" file to get you started
- The large thumbnail width/height
- The zoomed image frame width/height
- The amount of small thumbnails underneath
- Animation speeds
- Autoplay on/off
- Autoplay interval
- Easing on/off
- Hint on/off
- Zoom icon on/off
2 Magnifier types (the glass covering the large thumb on hover)
- Include the jQuery library
- Include the CSS file and optionally customize it with your own styling
- Provide your HTML list of images (see example below)
- Invoke the plugin on your list and optionally change the settings to your liking of functionality
Analysis of HTML list
<img class="etalage_source_image" src="/images/large_image_1.jpg"
title="Optionally, your description goes here." />
<img class="etalage_thumb_image" src="/images/thumb_image_1.png" />
More detailed documentation is included, along with the commented source files.
New in version 1.1
To update from the previous version; replace the "functionality" part and add the "Description area" section from the new CSS.